Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hoses

The vacuum line I used to connect my BOV vacuum line and my boost control lines turned out to be nasty crap, it would flatten and warp in the heat. I bought some Samco 6mm vacuum line instead as I found a place who sells it here in Brisbane (Williams Race Services, in Coomera, Mike was very helpful) along with proper clips. (I had previously used ugly cable ties as I couldn't find clips small enough). Also, I found my intake hose was split where the PCV line connects to it. I patched this up temporarily so I could drive it home and searched for a replacement.

Samco also do an ST185 kit, although the rights to sell it are held by a company called Fensport in the UK, as they would have paid for the tooling to make them. So, after paying via International Money Transfer and waiting a couple of weeks delivery I finally had new intake hoses. I had to re-run my PCV line too, as it was too short. The only one I could get was red, I was worried it would look horrible and I'd need to track down some black stuff, but I think it actually looks alright.

So, the car is back off to APC as soon as I get a chance to take it there for a dyno tune and to get boost, timing and mixture all tuned nicely, it was there last week and it had a compression test - 180psi dead even across all cylinders.

No comments:

Post a Comment